Friday, January 28, 2011

Posting the dirty laundry.

If you are ever unsure what exactly you are in charge of in your household, go ahead and get sick 3 days before  your grandma's funeral.  Of course if you happen to live in that blissful world of By Yourself, AKA the leftover mac n cheese is STILL there when you want it, and it only gets messy after you just cleaned it because you went ahead and messed it right back up yourself, well, you have the luxury of knowing you're pretty much large and in charge of all of it.  However, if you are me, and in charge of a bustling household that includes teenagers, it can get a little murky.  Because I delude myself that some of them are in charge of stuff.

Since I really needed to be well by tomorrow, I did what you do when you need to get better right now.  I loaded up on the cold medicine, and crawled in my bed.  And stayed there for about 2 entire days.

This is what happens when nobody is nagging reminding them about their chores...


Do you SEE the hot flat iron on top of the towel???  Teenage daughter alert.

Of course I'm not putting anything away either...


No, I didn't take all of this medicine at the same time.  I would have felt better.  And yes, that IS exactly how my bathroom counter looks right now.  Sorry FlyLady.

Paperwork piles up, To Do Lists go unchecked off...and that is a PAINTBALL gun leaning on the chair, so don't freak out like the Verizon guy did when we had FIOS installed last spring.


And I pile stuff up on my unmade bed.  The Kohl's bag is due to the fact that my 13 year old son is HUGE, and has outgrown everything with a collar that he owns, and is bigger than his almost 16 year old cousin AND his dad.  The kid should play football.  So I had to dress myself in something other than pajamas, wear a hat on my 2 day hair, and haul us on out to the local shopping center so the boy could be properly clothed tomorrow.
And lastly, laundry is left half-done.  (Say hi to Einstein!)


Or goes completely UNdone.  I like to call it Mt. Washmore.


So there you have it.  I am in charge of bossing people around.  I spared you the animal chores...the cat box is a whole other kind of nightmare.  But I love 'em.  And wish somebody had bossed me a little more when I was kid.  Not as a kid, but now, as an adult...I think that's the cold medicine talking.


Happy Weekend!
~S


P.S.  What does it mean that the first time I figured out how to post photos I chose to put up our dirty laundry?  Literally?

No comments:

Post a Comment