Friday, January 21, 2011

Caught! (Not me silly, I'm MUCH smarter than that.)

Happy, happy, happy, spectacular, Friday!

Spectacular is my new word.  I'm working it into everything. 

Today is my new best friend.  Call me focused.  My priorities are clear and I'm carefully guarding them.  That's why I'm killing my spare 10 minutes on my blog, right?

So in answer to all the pitiful questions I asked yesterday, here are the answers.  (I know you haven't really been gnawing at your nails wondering, but when I look back in time, I'll want, no, need to know what I did.)

Used the new shampoo and have given the remnants of the old bottle to the dogs.  I will be bathing them in it this afternoon.  There is nothin' like Big Sexy Hair on a beagle.

It seems we will indeed be attending the funeral in all our shaggy haired glory and I'm okay with that.

And yeah, I'm definitely too old to say 'weak sauce'.  Besides, if it's crept into my vernacular, you can be pretty sure I'm the only one still saying it.  

We hit our 3 R's yesterday (thanks Shelley!) and moved on.  It's what we're doing today too.  The sun is out and it's Friday.  You really think I'm hauling out the big scary chemistry set today?  I have dogs in need of Big Sexy Hair.

Last night was one of those funny nights when dinner was on the fly and late.  So we did what all good suburban Americans do, we decided to eat in the living room and watch TV.  Turns out that gem of a DVR (one of my favorite all time inventions right up there with caller ID and my Kitchen Aid mixer)  had recorded this week's Modern Family.

Have you seen this show?  Laugh out loud funny all the time.  It doesn't miss.  But this week's...over and above the call of comedic duty.  TV guide cliff notes...the kids walk in on Phil and Claire. And, of course, everyone else has their storylines.  Yup.  That's what we watched over those toasted turkey subs I whipped up.  So hilarious if your the parent.  And apparently, if your the teenaged daughter, embarrassing enough to cause you to vacate the room.

For the rest of the night. 


Gut busting, side splitting, snort OUT LOUD, tear inducing laughter for the whole half hour.

Watch it, record it, ABC.com it, I don't care.  Just do it!  Because if the entire world laughed as hard as we all did last night, it would be a happier place.

Happy Football Watching this weekend!  (Make the bean dip.)
~Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment