Monday, January 24, 2011

It's an Amish love story. Or 3.

It's 7:24pm and we've all just about survived another Monday.

So then...Good Monday!

I think you really have to evaluate Mondays post delivery.  They can turn on you.   I should probably be knocking on wood somewhere about now, right?  Don't count your chickens before they hatch and all that.  Did I just dare a Monday to go bad?  With midnight still a few hours off?  I'll be hiding under my desk, sitting cross legged, head covered.  Just they way they taught us during our 1970's elementary school earthquake drills.  If it was good enough to handle The Big Bad Granddaddy of All Faults, The San Andreas, I figure it must be good for a few more things. 

So I have been 'without book', as I call it, since just before Christmas.  Which, for a compulsive reader like me, is a bit like being an alcoholic in Betty Ford.  I'm jonesin'.  About to drink the perfume.  It was about to get real ugly. 

Yes,  The Jungle Diet (about the indigenous diets of the world's cold spots for things like heart disease, cancer etc.), my photography class book, The New Joy of Digital Photography, and 7 magazines are currently living on my nightstand.  But no, they do not count.  They are not what I want to read before I conk out at night   A 'book' is a fictional novel.  Preferably one that involves a bit of heart, a little excitement, and, when I'm really getting my way, comic relief that makes me snicker out loud.  Even if I happen to be reading in line at the bank.  Which I don't have to anymore because we switched to a much nicer one with awesome customer service.

But tomorrow I am picking up something I've never read before.  Amish fiction.  Did you know it existed?!  I am stoked!  (Yes, I know I'm flying my freak flag here.  It's okay.)  My friend Raquel, who is a Real Author, and who encouraged me to get off my lazy duff and write something again (Hi Raquel!), is loaning me an Amish love story novel.  It's actually a collection of 3 novellas.  She said they are good!  I think she was even a bit surprised about that.  I think I'm even more surprised that I'm going to be reading Amish fiction.

Goodnight Monday!
Getting under my desk and covering my head now...just in case.
~Sherri

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sherri!

    "Flying your freak flag" Ahaha classic. Hope you like the book.

    Can't wait to get together and read your stuff. I always learn so much from other writers.
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving it! I finished the first story and am halfway through the second. What a complicated culture. Absolutely fascinating. I keep flashing back to an Amish family we encountered while camping once.

    ReplyDelete