Saturday, October 9, 2010

Totally an owl, married to a lark.

Hello blog world.  We have been langorously, lounging on our favorite beach for the last 5 days.  It was everything it should be and that we needed.  We go every October and I hope we do for.ev.er.  As our kids grow up, get married, have kids of their own.  We all need to spend a week in Carpinteria in October every single year.  Please don't argue with me on this.  It is non-negotiable.

I've always been a nightowl.  Very nocturnal.  I'm pretty sure I can count the number of sunrises I've seen on one hand.  Mostly due to my husband's vacation departure time preferences.  Because he is definitely a morning person.  Somehow, we manage to compliment each other though.  I just read a  little article about what your sleep preferences say about you as a person.  Owl's tend to be risk takers, wish people would refrain from speaking before they have gulped down that first cup of coffee and tend to be most productive mid-morning and late evening.  Yes, yes and yes.  When I lived with my fabulous grandparents my first couple of years in college, I remember asking my mom if she could please ask my grandma not to talk to me so much in the morning.  Mind you, they travelled about 9 months out of the year, so we aren't talking about that many mornings.  Anyhow, I'm sure my mother, in her wisdom, just let it be and figured someday I would grow up and be less self-absorbed.  Larks tend to wake prior to their alarms, are raring to go straight out of bed and are at their finest early in the morning.  They also tend to be depressed.  Very interesting I think.  Somehow, the man and I make it work out.  Mostly because he happens to be the kindest person on the planet and I am truly scary before my cup o' joe wake up.  Smart man is all I'm sayin'.  Love him to the moon and back.

They also talked about dreamers.  Do you dream vividly?  Can you remember them in the morning?  If yes, well then your boundaries are blurry.  Not fully awake or asleep.  No black and white, just shades of gray.  Not clearly a Republican or a Democrat.  Odd, quirky, creative.  Okay, I'll take that.  It was the tendency toward schizophrenia that was a bit of a drawback.

So who are you? A dreaming owl like me?  A lark?  A restless sleeper?  It all seemed to line up with the characters in our household.  How about you?  The article is on msn right now.  Take a peek.  Let me know.

Love you loads!
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment