Thursday, March 17, 2011

Late and without a shamrock.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!!!!!

There are good ships, and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea.
But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be.

I know, it's almost over...sometimes the day just rolls like that regardless of my plans.  Not that it was a bad day, just a busy one.  I spent a good part of my day putting together my midterm portfolio for my photog class.  This was one of my favorites...

An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold on to one blade of
grass and not fall on the face of the earth.


The color is quite a bit lovelier in the actual print and in my computer file than it is here, but still, it makes me smile.  I know there about a bajillion photos just like this blade of grass with dew drops glistening in the morning sun.  But the fact that I got this so tightly focused, and it actually came out just like I wanted it to, straight out of the camera, no post editing, made it TOTALLY worth the fact that yesterday at 8:30am I was purposely lying on my stomach, in the dirt, on the side of a remote rode between a horse ranch and empty field, taking pictures.

I hope everyone had a great day and enjoyed a little Irish luck!


May those who love us, love us.
And for those who don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if he can not turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we may know them by their limping.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

xoxo,
~Sherri 

No comments:

Post a Comment