Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's 9:35pm. Do you know where your sofa is?

Because I do not.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's still on the store's delivery truck.
Which was supposed to be here between 4pm and 8pm.
Where's my sofa??????
My living room is entirely empty....due to the impending sofa delivery.
My beagle had to get bathed today...due to the impending sofa delivery.
I cleaned the carpet in there at a wickedly early hour today...due to the impending sofa delivery.
Our old, destroyed by children, sofa is currently on the back patio...due to the...well, you know why by now.
No I will not post a photo of the old Broyhill.
It's a little too embarrassing.
Ask my friend and Sista Lisa, she's seen it and it ain't pretty.
It might even smell a little weird if we're laying it all out there.
I don't even want to put it out at the curb for Big Item Pickup on trash day next Tuesday.
Where's my new sofa???????

Now let's take a minute for something that really matters.  Pray for the people of Japan.  Hope they get those reactors cooled off and fixed up.  Contribute to the emergency relief if you can.  Take a moment and check out your emergency supplies and stock them back up.  Especially if you are like me and tend to eventually consume the emergency goods for some reason or other and then forget about replenishing.  Just do it.  Disaster can happen to any of us at any time.  The more prepared we are the better.  Someday here in Cali The Big One will indeed rattle down the San Andreas Fault and it is going to be a wild ride.  Be ready!

You should also know, that if you are in a car with me and the world seems to be ending and all the buildings are crashing down, that I am not a survivalist.  I do not want to be one of the last 17 humans on the planet.  So if we're in a car together and your basic instinct to survive is intact, you're going to want to get out of my car.  Because I'm heading mine directly towards the building that's falling down.  Just thought you might want to know.

Good night all,
~S

P.S.  Where is my sofa???

No comments:

Post a Comment