Friday, December 17, 2010

The Sun and I. It's Complicated.

It's a dark, gray, damp, rainy day.  Number 2.  And I hear it will be this way through Christmas.  What?!  Say it isn't so, Joe.  I need my sunshine.  I can take a couple of days, 3 even, of  nothing but clouds and rain.  But tell me it's going to last for another week and a half???  I'd rather poke my eye out with a stick.  Book me on the next flight out to Sunshineville.  But it does explain my total and utter lack of motivation this morning.  And it reminds me once again why, despite the fact that I dream of moving north where it's lush and green, that I probably won't.  I need the sun.  Jonesin' for it.  I'm addicted man.  Help a sister out, toss her a few rays.  What?  Oh sorry, got caught up in the reverie going on inside my Vit. D deficient brain.

Top 10 Reasons I can never live in the Pacific Northwest

10.  It's a little damp.

9.  That unrelenting cloud cover.

8.  I'm a Slacker Girl at heart and all those gray days just encourage that little personality flaw.  In a VERY big way.

7.  Because baking is only third to movie watching and fire sitting on the list of what I really want to be doing on a cold, damp day...it would be even harder to maintain my girlish figure.  And let's be honest, I'm not doing such a bang up job down here in the sunshine.  Wasn't that my resolution for this year?!

6.  Because after 3 days of rain, I NEED the sun.  Need it.  Like Seasonal Affective Disorder setting in, need the sun.

5.  I'm afraid of vampires.  And werewolves.  Thank you Stephenie Meyer.  Not really, but it sounds like more fun than being afraid of Vitamin D deficiency.

4.  Ticks.  Picking them off my dog, gag, or, gag, possibly me, gag.  Can't do it.

3.  I like to watch the surfers most when they're not in wetsuits.

2.  Because there is a drop of saltwater that runs through my veins and it demands that I sit on a sandy, sunny beach.  More often than you or my dermatologist want to know.

1. I'm a born and bred southern California beach girl.  It's who I am.  I can't help it.  Like being a redhead.  It just sort of defines me.  And I like it that way.

dreamin' of the sun,
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment