Thursday, September 30, 2010

And this is...

all about what?  I'm not a big blogosphere hanger outer.  Don't have the time.  Which makes it a little hilarious that I've got a blog, right?  But I do know most bloggers have a theme, some continuity, a purpose, to their blog.  Even the woman who's blog seems to be all about why she can't stand the Pioneer Woman blog.  Now me, I love PW.  Good food, great horses, dogs, kids, photos, calf nuts, and a life that is so polar opposite mine on many levels and yet in some ways very similar.  I'm not going to share the name of the PW hater blog because honestly...she's an angry woman who doesn't need any encouragement in my opinion.  I'm actually sort of mortified that I may have added to her sense of purpose by accidentally finding her blog.  Moving on.

So, what IS this blog of mine about?  I don't know.  Mostly noise reduction I think.  There's a lot of noise, busyness, chatter, inside this red head of mine.  Always has been.  And no, I'm not having auditory hallucinations, flashbacks from my misspent youth, darn it.  Although I am on a lot of cold meds today. But my experience as a writer tells me to keep plugging on and if there's meaning, purpose, fun and frivolity to be had, it will show it's pretty head and shake out in the end. And if not, we're no worse for the wear. 

Then maybe...I try raising chickens instead.  I want 4, 1 rooster and 3 laying hens.  I'm going to call them Rod Stewart and the Supremes.  (And yes, I totally stole that from the book The Wildwater Walking Club by Claire Cook, but why mess with perfection when you come across it?!  BTW, you should definitely read that book.  I loved it.  It should be a movie.) 

Love ya'!

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment